MONEL R405 is a Nickel-Copper alloy, resistant to sea water and steam at high temperatures as well as to salt and caustic solutions.
We supply and export to Singapore , Indonesia , Brunei and other ASEAN Countries.
Our specialty is to provide wide range of stainless steel with no minimum order (MOQ).
E Steel supply Monel R405 (Nickel Alloy R-405) Round Bars / Rods / Shafts , Monel R-405 (Nickel Alloy R405) Plates.
Monel R-405 Suppliers - Nickel Alloy R405 , UNS N04405MONEL R405 is a Nickel-Copper alloy, resistant to sea water and steam at high temperatures as well as to salt and caustic solutions. This Nickel Alloy Material is a free-machining version of Monel 400. It is added with sulfur to improve its machinability.
MONEL r405 is a nickel-copper alloy with excellent corrosion resistance in a wide variety of media.
Material r-405 is characterized by good general corrosion resistance and moderate to high strength. It has excellent resistance to rapidly flowing brackish water or seawater. This material is particularly resistant to hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acids when they are de-aerated. Nickel Alloy R405 is slightly magnetic at room temperature. Monel R405 Alloy is widely used in the chemical, oil and marine industries.
Characteristics of Monel R405
- Corrosion resistance in an extensive range of marine and chemical environments. From pure water to nonoxidizing mineral acids, salts and alkalis.
- MONEL R405 is more resistant to nickel under reducing conditions and more resistant than copper under oxidizing conditions, it does show however better resistance to reducing media than oxidizing.
- Good mechanical properties from subzero temperatures up to about 480C.
- Good resistance to sulfuric and hydrofluoric acids. Aeration however will result in increased corrosion rates. May be used to handle hydrochloric acid, but the presence of oxidizing salts will greatly accelerate corrosive attack.
- Resistance to neutral, alkaline and acid salts is shown, but poor resistance is found with oxidizing acid salts such as ferric chloride.
- Excellent resistance to chloride ion stress corrosion cracking.
*Due to sulfur addition for free machining, welding is not possible for MONEL R405.
Chemical Requirements of Nickel Alloy R405
Mechanical Properties of Monel R-405
|Mechanical Property Requirements|
|Ultimate Tensile||Yield Strength (0.2% OS)||Elong. in 50mm (or 4D) min. %||R/A||Hardness|
|Min||85 KSi||50 KSi||15|
|Min||585 MPa||345 KPa|
|Min||75 KSi||35 KSi||30|
|Min||517 MPa||241 MPa|
Similar Specifications and Standards of Nickel Alloy N04405Other designations that are equivalent to Monel R-405 / Nickel Alloy 405 include:
Fabrication and Heat treatment of Monel Alloy R405
Applications of Monel R405Monel r-405 can be used for several applications as below :
- Feed water and steam generator tubing.
- Brine heaters, sea water scrubbers in tanker inert gas systems.
- Sulfuric acid and hydrofluoric acid alkylation plants.
- Pickling bat heating coils.
- Heat exchangers in a variety of industries.
- Transfer piping from oil refinery crude columns.
- Plant for the refining of uranium and isotope separation in the production of nuclear fuel.
- Pumps and valves used in the manufacture of perchlorethylene, chlorinated plastics.
- Monoethanolamine (MEA) reboiling tube.
- Cladding for the upper areas of oil refinery crude columns.
Propeller and pump shafts.
Our Sales & Supplier Network
Australia, Pakistan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, China,Vietnam, Belgium, Japan, South Korea, Philippines, France, United Kingdom, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Sweden, United States, Dubai, Finland, Brunei,Germany.
E Steel is a Global Metal Procurement Company in providing and sourcing raw materials to the wide range of engineering industries / sectors. We works as the the Online B2B Metal Marketplace to help our customers in finding the special steels that might feel hard to source locally.